Page created: 17 Oct 2022 |
Page updated: 26 Oct 2022
Use the setup.bat script to install the server on Window.
Make sure that you have set the
JAVA_HOME environment variable to the
location of your Java installation directory. For more information, see Java Runtime Environment and Installing Java.
Complete the following steps to install the server.
- Extract the distribution .zip file, and then review Before you begin.
- Open the Windows Command Prompt or PowerShell.
- Navigate to the server's root directory, and enter setup.bat.
- Read the Ping Identity End-User License Agreement, and type yes to continue.
Respond to the prompts. You can enter your own values or press Enter to accept
If you want to see a detailed step-by-step description of the installation, see Installing the server in interactive mode starting with step 3.
In the setup summary, review your configuration details, and then select your
setup option, or press Enter to select the default (option 1): Set up the server
with the parameters you have given.
If you select option 1, your server is configured and initialized.
- If you want to run the server as a Windows service, follow the instructions in Running the server as a Microsoft Windows service.