The server requires certain software packages to operate properly.
For optimal performance, the server requires Java for 64-bit architectures. To view the minimum required Java version, contact your authorized support provider for the latest supported software versions.
Implement a Network Time Protocol (NTP) system so that multi-server environments are synchronized and timestamps are accurate.
The following system requirements are qualified and certified to be compatible with the server.
Differences in operating system versions, service packs, and other platform variations are supported until the platform or other required software are suspected of causing issues.
Running on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
To take advantage of snapshots for backing up any important files, install the server on an Elastic Block Store (EBS) file system. You should also move any databases, logs, and other files to a high-performance file system that is separate from the rest of the server image and create an S3 bucket for storing backups, schema, and other artifacts.
The following guidelines and considerations can help you avoid environmental constraint issues:
- does not support the Elastic File System (EFS) for database persistence.
- For the lowest cost, use t3.medium or t3a.medium and up.
- For the best performance, use m5dn, c5dn, or r5dn instance types (size xlarge and up) and the local SSD for database persistence.
- The A1 and M6g instance types, Ampere and Graviton, are not qualified by Ping at this time.
- Using network load balancers (NLBs) can lead to severed connections, which could cause issues that are difficult to diagnose.
The , , , and servers support the following operating systems for installation and deployment:
- Amazon Linux 2
- Canonical Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and 20.04 LTS
- CentOS 7.7 and 8.1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2019
- Oracle Linux 7.9 and 8.6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 7.7, 7.9, 8.5, 8.6, and 9.0
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 SP5 and 15 SP1
The suite of products has been tested with the default configurations of all operating system components. Customized implementations or installed third-party plugins from your organization might affect the deployment of this product.
To deploy the server using Docker, you must have a supported version of Docker.
The following versions of Docker are supported:
- Docker 20.10.9
For more information, see the pingidentity/pingdirectory Docker image and the Ping Identity DevOps documentation.
Only the server software is licensed under Ping Identity’s end user license agreement, and any other software components contained within the image are licensed solely under the terms of the applicable open source or third-party license.
Ping Identity accepts no responsibility for the performance of any specific virtualization software and in no way guarantees the performance or interoperability of any virtualization software with its products.
Java Runtime Environment
The following versions are a pre-installation requirement:
- Oracle JDK 8 64-bit
- Oracle JDK 11 LTS 64-bit
- Oracle Java 17 (PingDataMetrics does not support Java 17)
- OpenJDK 8 64-bit
- OpenJDK 11
- Corretto 8
- Corretto 11
The Java Support Policy applies to your .
The following browsers are supported by the server administrative console: