Learn how to enable Egnyte sign on from a PingFederate URL (IdP-initiated sign on) and direct Egnyte sign on using PingFederate (SP-initiated sign on).
- Configure PingFederate to authenticate against an IdP or datastore containing the users requiring application access.
- Populate Egnyte with at least one user to test access.
- You must have administrative access to PingFederate and Egnyte.
Create a PingFederate SP
connection for Egnyte:
- Sign on to the PingFederate administrative console.
Create an SP connection for Egnyte in PingFederate:
- Configure using Browser SSO profile SAML 2.0.
- Set Partner’s Entity ID to https://saml-auth.egnyte.com.
- Enable the following SAML Profiles:
- IdP-Initiated SSO
- SP-Initiated SSO
- In SAML_SUBJECT to the attribute containing the user’s email address. , map the
- In Binding to POST and set Endpoint URL to https://<Your Egnyte domain>.egnyte.com/samlconsumer/PingFederate. , set
- In POST. , enable
- In PingFederate Signing Certificate. , select the
- Save the configuration.
- Export the signing certificate.
- Export and then open the metadata file and copy the value of the entityID and the Location entry (https://<your value>/idp/SSO.saml2).
Add the PingFederate
connection to Egnyte:
- Sign on to your Egnyte Admin organization as an administrator.
Click the menu icon and then click
Click the Security and Authentication tab.
- In the Single sign-on authentication list, select SAML 2.0.
- In the Identity provider list, select Ping Identity.
Set the following values.
Identity provider login URL
Enter the Location value from the metadata that you exported.
Identity provider entity ID
Enter the entityID value from the metadata that you exported.
Identity provider certificate
In a text editor, open the signing certificate that you downloaded in a text editor. Copy and paste the contents.
Default user mapping
- Click Save.
- Go to .
- Select the appropriate users and set their AuthType to SSO.
Test the PingFederate
IdP-initiated SSO integration:
- Go to the PingFederate SSO Application Endpoint for the Egnyte SP connection.
Complete the PingFederate authentication.
You're redirected to your Egnyte domain.
Test the PingFederate
SP-Initiated SSO integration:
- Go to https://<Your domain>.Egnyte.com.
- Select the PingFederate sign-on option.
After you're redirected to PingFederate, enter your PingFederate username
You're redirected back to Egnyte.