Page created: 2 Jul 2021 |
Page updated: 7 Dec 2021
Learn how to enable Evernote sign on from the PingOne for Enterprise console (IdP-initiated sign on) and direct Evernote sign on using PingOne for Enterprise (SP-initiated sign on).
- Link PingOne for Enterprise to an identity repository containing the users requiring application access.
- Populate Evernote with at least one user to test access.
- You must have administrative access to PingOne for Enterprise and Evernote.
Update the supplied Evernote application in PingOne for Enterprise:
- Sign on to PingOne for Enterprise and go to .
Search for Evernote.
- Expand the Evernote entry and click the Setup icon.
- Copy the IdP ID value.
Download the signing certificate.
- Click Continue to Next Step twice.
In the Attribute Mapping section, map
SAML_SUBJECT to the attribute containing the
user’s email address.
- Click Advanced.
In the Name ID format to send to SP field, enter
- Click Save, then click Continue to Next Step twice.
Click Add for all user groups that should have
access to Evernote.
- Click Continue to Next Step.
- Click Finish.
Add the PingOne for Enterprise IdP connection to Evernote:
- Sign on to your Evernote Admin organization as an administrator and go to the Evernote Business Admin Console.
- Go to .
- Set SAML HTTP Request URL to https://sso.connect.pingidentity.com/sso/idp/SSO.saml2?idpid=<IdP ID value from above>.
- In a text editor, open your PingOne for Enterprise signing certificate.
- Copy and paste your signing certificate contents into the X.509 Certificate field.
- Click Save & Enable.
Test the PingOne for Enterprise IdP-initiated SSO integration:
Go to your Ping desktop as a user with Evernote access.
To find the Ping desktop URL in the Admin console, go to.
Complete the PingOne for Enterprise authentication.
You're redirected to your Evernote domain.
- Go to your Ping desktop as a user with Evernote access.
Test the PingOne for Enterprise SP-initiated SSO integration:
- Go to your Evernote URL.
- Select the PingOne for Enterprise sign on option.
After you're redirected to PingOne for Enterprise, enter your PingOne for Enterprise
username and password.
You'll be redirected back to Evernote.