Page created: 22 Dec 2021 |
Page updated: 23 Dec 2021
Learn how to enable Namely sign on from the PingOne console (IdP-initiated sign on) and direct Namely sign on using PingOne (SP-initiated sign on).
- Link PingOne to an identity repository containing the users requiring application access.
- Populate Namely with at least one user to test access.
- You must have administrative access to PingOne and an Admin account on Namely.
Add the Namely application to PingOne:
In PingOne, go to and click the + icon.
- When you’re prompted to select an application type, select WEB APP and then click Configure next to SAMLfor the chosen connection type.
- Enter Namely as the application name.
- Enter a suitable description.
- Optional: Upload an icon.
- Click Next.
- For Provide App Metadata, select Enter Manually.
- In the ACS URLS field, enter https://<your subdomain>.namely.com/saml/consume.
- In the Entity ID field, enter https://<your subdomain>.namely.com/saml/consume.
- Select the Signing Key to use and then click Download Signing Certificate to download as X509 PEM (.crt).
- Leave SLO Endpoint and SLO Response Endpoint blank.
- In the Subject NameID Format list, select urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:emailAddress.
- Enter a suitable value for Assertion Validity Duration (in seconds). A value of 300 seconds is typical.
- Click Save and Continue.
Namely expects an email address to identify a user in the SSO security
- If you use an email address to sign on through PingOne, click Save and Close.
- If you sign on with a username, in the PingOne User Attribute list, select Email Address to map that to the SAML_SUBJECT, then click Save and Close.
- Click the toggle to enable the application.
On the Configuration tab of the newly-created
Namely application, copy and save the IDP Metadata
You’ll need this when configuring SAML on Namely.
- In PingOne, go to and click the + icon.
Enable SAML SSO within Namely:
- Sign on to the Namely console as an administrator.
- Select Company on the top navigation bar.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the left navigation pane, click Login Page.
- In the Login Methods section, click SAML.
- In the Identity Provider SSO URL field, enter the Initiate Single Sign-On URL value from PingOne.
- Copy and paste the IdP Provider Certificate value into the Identity provider certificate field.
In the SAML Metadata field, enter the
IdP Metadata URL value from PingOne.
- Click Save.
Test the PingOne IdP
Go to the PingOne
Application Portal and sign on with a user account.
In the Admin console, go to PingOne Application Portal URL.to find the
Click the Namely icon.
You're redirected to the Namely website and logged in with SSO.
- Go to the PingOne Application Portal and sign on with a user account.
Test the PingOne SP
- Go to https://<your subdomain>.namely.com/users/login and enter your email address only.
In the PingOne
sign-on prompt, enter your PingOne username and password.
You're redirected back to Namely and signed on.