Page created: 23 Dec 2021 |
Page updated: 23 Dec 2021
Learn how to enable Tableau SCIM 2.0 Provisioning in PingFederate.
- Configure PingFederate to authenticate against an LDAP identity repository containing the users requiring application access.
- Configure PingFederate with the SCIM provisioning connector to support the SCIM 2.0 protocol.
- Configure PingFederate with the Tableau SP connection.
- Configure the PingFederate run.properties file to support provisioning.
Enable SCIM provisioning in Tableau:
- Sign on to Tableau with an administration account.
- Go to .
- In the Automatic Provisioning and Group Synchronisation (SCIM) section, select the Enable SCIM check box.
Click Generate New Secret.
This will generate a new API secret that PingFederate will use to authenticate to the Tableau SCIM endpoint.
Enable SCIM provisioning in the SP connection:
- In the PingFederate administrative console, select the Tableau SP connector.
On the Connection Type tab, select the
Outbound Provisioning check box and in the
Type list, select SCIM
- On the Outbound Provisioning tab, select Configure Provisioning.
On the Target tab, in the SCIM
Version list, select 2.0 and enter the SCIM
URL and OAuth 2 Bearer Token
obtained from Tableau.
Define a channel to obtain the user details:
- Add the LDAP source and source location according to your user data source.
- Configure attribute mappings.Note:
The SCIM userName field must map to an email address.
- Enable the channel.