Add an access control rule to contact PingAuthorize for access information.
Create a third-party service with PingAuthorize configured as the target. For more information, see Adding third-party services.
An access control rule can grant or deny access, and can modify the request, based on the response from the PingAuthorize request API.
The PingAuthorize sideband API cannot accept
gzipped data from upstream server responses. Ensure that upstream server
requests add or replace the
Accept-Encoding header with
Accept-Encoding: identity to prevent the upstream server
from sending compressed responses.
- Click Access and then go to .
- Click + Add Rule.
In the Name field, enter a unique name, up to 64
Special characters and spaces are allowed.
- From the Type list, select PingAuthorize Access Control.
- From the Third Party Service list, select your PingAuthorize service.
- In the Shared Secret field, enter the shared secret from PingAuthorize.
To include access token data in the request to PingAuthorize, select the Include
Identity Attributes check box.
This option is selected by default.
To configure advanced options, click Show
- Optional: In the Sideband Endpoint field, enter the sideband API endpoint location.
- Optional: In the Shared secret header name field, enter a header in which to send the shared secret.
- Click Save.