The following endpoints enable external applications to communicate with the PingAccess server and provide complete administrative capabilities of the product.
- Heartbeat endpoint
- Enables administrators to verify that the server is running.
- OpenID Connect endpoints
- Enable PingFederate or other token providers to interface with PingAccess using the OpenID Connect (OIDC) protocol.
- Authentication Token Management endpoint
- Enables protected applications to validate authentication tokens issued by a PingAccess identity mapping.
- OAuth endpoint
- Enables an OAuth Authorization Server to interface with PingAccess as an OAuth Resource Server.
- Administrative API endpoints
- Enable users to use PingAccess administrative functions. These are REST APIs that include documentation and testing tools.
Some endpoint examples in this document include the
path. This document assumes the default application reserved path has not been
modified. You can modify the reserved path using the PingAccess Admin API. If the
reserved path has been modified, update endpoint and other applicable application
The features documented here are affected by the settings in the configuration file. See the Configuration file reference for more information.