Page created: 26 Jul 2021 |
Page updated: 14 Jan 2022
Configure PingAccess to run as a Linux systemv service, causing it to start automatically when Linux starts.
The service script will only start if <JAVA_HOME> and <PA_HOME> are set and the PingAccess license file is found.
- Copy the PingAccess script file from <PA_HOME>/sbin/linux/pingaccess to /etc/init.d.
- Optional: Create a new user to run PingAccess.
Create the folder /var/run/pingaccess.
Ensure the user who will run the service has read and write permissions to the folder.
Edit the script file /etc/init.d/pingaccess and set the
values of following variables at the beginning of the script:
export JAVA_HOME=: specify the Java install folder
export PA_HOME=: specify the PingAccess install folder
export USER=: (optional) specify username to run the service, or leave empty for default
To register the service, from the /etc/init.d folder, run
chkconfig --add pingaccess
To make the service script executable, run this command:
chmod +x pingaccess
After registering, you can use the
service command to control the
PingAccess service. The available commands are shown.
- Start the PingAccess service.
- Stop the PingAccess service.
- Restart the PingAccess service.
- Show the status of the PingAccess service and the service process identifier (PID).
service pingaccess status displays the current
status of the running PingAccess service.