Page created: 26 Jul 2021 |
Page updated: 14 Jan 2022
Install PingAccess on a Windows system from the command line.
- Ensure the installation requirements are met.
- Ensure that you are signed on to your system with appropriate privileges to install and run an application.
- Install a supported Java runtime.
- The system environment variable
JAVA_HOMEmust exist and be set to a value that represents the location of your Java installation, such as C:\Program Files\Java\jre 1.8.0_91.
- Add the javapath directory path (for example,
C:\Program Files\Oracle\Java\javapath) to the
PATHvariable.Note:for more information about exporting the configuration from an existing system. This option is available only for standalone or administrative nodes.
If you are using an existing configuration file to configure the system, copy the configuration file to the system and rename it data.json. For more information about exporting the configuration from an existing system, see Exporting PingAccess configurations.
- Download the distribution .zip file.
- Extract the distribution .zip file into your installation directory.
If you are using an existing configuration file to configure the system, move
the data.json file to the
When you start PingAccess for the first time, if this configuration is present it will be imported. After a successful import, the data.json file is deleted. If the configuration is present but cannot be imported, PingAccess is not started.