Add a new rule set group in PingAccess.
- Click Access and then go to .
- Click + Add Rule Set Group.
In the Name field, enter a name for the rule set
Special characters and spaces are allowed.
To require all rules in the set to succeed, select All
as the Success Criteria field.
- To require only one of the rules in the set to succeed, select Any.
When Success Criteria is set to Any, the first rule set establishes the error handling and is flagged with a tool tip that displays a message indicating that.
When Success Criteria is set to All, the first rule in the set that fails establishes the error handling.
When Success Criteria is set to Any, PingAccess flags processing rules in a rule set group with a tool tip that warns if the first rule in the list succeeds, additional rules will not be processed. This is considered a misconfiguration because in an Any rule set group, the first processing rule should succeed, causing all other rules in the set to not be evaluated.
If you want to use processing rules on protected applications and handle access control decisions using Any criteria, assign processing rules directly to the application, or create a separate rule set group for the processing rules using the All criteria.
- To add one or more rule sets or rule set groups, select Rule Sets or Rule Set Groups and drag them from the available list to the selected list.
To configure rule set hierarchy, drag rule sets into the rule set group.
Processing occurs from top to bottom. The configuration is automatically saved.
- To save the rule set group, click Save.