Page created: 27 Jul 2022 |
Page updated: 6 Feb 2023
Disable key rolling to prevent active sessions from being invalidated during the upgrade process. This is a temporary modification, and you will reenable key rolling at the end of the upgrade process.
There are different procedures at this stage depending on the source version of PingAccess. The following flowchart gives an example.
In this flowchart:
- A user with a WebSession Cookie sends a request to the load balancer.
- The load balancer directs the request to one of three engine nodes, which are all still using the source version of PingAccess.
- At the Admin node, key rolling has been paused.
- Disabling key rolling in PingAccess 6.0 or later
- Disabling key rolling in PingAccess 5.2 or 5.3
- Disabling key rolling in PingAccess 5.0 or 5.1
- Disabling key rolling in PingAccess 4.3 or earlier
Next, you will upgrade the Admin node.