Page created: 27 Jul 2022 |
Page updated: 6 Feb 2023
Manually install a PingAccess agent on a RHEL 7 system with Apache 2.4.
This procedure makes the following assumptions:
- The installation is being performed in a custom Apache instance run by a non-root user.
- The Apache installation is installed at
$APACHE. In the steps in this procedure, modify the paths specified based on where your Apache installation and configuration files are located.
- You have downloaded an
agent.propertiesfile. If you have not done so, you can do so using these steps:
- In the PingAccess administrative console, go to the Sites & Agents window.
- Edit a configured agent. If the agent has not yet been created, see the PingAccess User Interface Reference Guide.
- In the shared secret, click the Download icon to
download the configuration. The configuration file will be named
Install the following required dependencies from the RedHat Official
Copy the RPMs from the .zip distribution into a directory
pkgrootand extract them using the following commands.
mkdir pkgroot cp *.rpm pkgroot/ cd pkgroot for r in *.rpm; do rpm2cpio $r | cpio -idmv; done
Copy the extracted files to the appropriate places with the following
cp etc/httpd/conf.modules.d/10-paa.conf $APACHE/conf cp -av usr/lib64/*.so* $APACHE/modules cp usr/lib64/httpd/modules/*.so $APACHE/modules
Add the following directive to the Apache configuration file,
$APACHE/conf/httpd.conf, to include the PingAccess Agent for Apache module configuration.
10-paa.conffile and make the following changes:
Add the following lines before the
LoadFile modules/libpgm-5.2.so.0 LoadFile modules/libsodium.so.18 LoadFile modules/libzmq.so.5
Change all occurrences of
- Add the following lines before the
Copy your downloaded
- Execute the command $APACHE/bin/apachectl restart to restart Apache.