The following endpoints enable external applications to communicate with the PingAccess server and provide complete administrative capabilities of the product.
- Heartbeat endpoint
- Enables administrators to verify that the server is running.
- OpenID Connect endpoints
- Enables PingFederate or other token providers to interface with PingAccess using the OIDC protocol.
- Authentication Token Management endpoint
- Enables protected applications to validate authentication tokens issued by a PingAccess identity mapping.
- OAuth endpoint
- Enables an OAuth authorization server (AS) to interface with PingAccess as an OAuth resource server.
- Administrative API endpoints
- Enable users to use PingAccess administrative functions. These are REST APIs that include documentation and testing tools.
Some endpoint examples in this document include the
path. This document assumes the default application reserved path hasn't been
modified. You can modify the reserved path using the PingAccess Admin API. If the reserved
path has been modified, update endpoint and other applicable application URLs
Similarly, if you selected the Use context root as reserved resource base
path check box on your PingAccess application, enter the context root of the application before
/pa. If the context root of your application is
The features documented here are affected by the settings in the configuration file. For more information, see the Configuration file reference.