Install a PingAccess agent on a RHEL 9 system with Apache 2.4, either conventionally or manually.
If you haven't downloaded an agent.properties file, you must first:
- In the PingAccess console, go to .
- Click the Pencil icon to edit a configured agent.
If you haven't created an agent yet, see Agents.
- In the Shared Secrets section, click the
Download icon to download the configuration.Remember:
The configuration file will be named <agentname>_agent.properties.
Click the respective tab for the installation that you want to use.
Installing on RHEL 9 conventionally
Download and extract the pingaccess-agent-apache24-rhel9-<version>.zip archive.
The Agent RPM has required dependencies that might be available through standard repositories. If these dependencies aren't available in your Linux version, you can install them using the included openpgm-5.2.122-28.el9.x86_64.rpm, libsodium-1.0.18-8.el9.x86_64.rpm, libunwind-1.6.2-1.el9.x86_64.rpm, and zeromq-4.3.4-2.el9.x86_64.rpm packages.
You can install these RPMs using yum install libsodium*rpm openpgm*rpm libunwind*rpm zeromq*rpm.
To install a PingAccess agent on a RHEL 9 system with Apache 2.4:
- In RHEL, change to the pingaccess-agent-apache24-rhel9-<version>/x86_64 directory.
As root, install the PingAccess Agent for
Apache using the following command:
yum install pingaccess-agent-apache-*.rpm
- Copy the <agentname>_agent.properties file to /etc/httpd/conf.d/agent.properties.
As root, restart the Apache service using the following command:
systemctl restart httpd
Manually Installing on RHEL 9
This procedure assumes that:
- A non-root user is installing the PingAccess Agent for Apache in a custom Apache instance.
- You've installed the Apache installation at
$APACHE. If you haven't, modify the file paths specified in this procedure based on where your Apache installation and configuration files are located.
To manually install the PingAccess Agent for Apache on a RHEL 9 system when Apache is installed in a non-standard way:
Install the following required dependencies from the Red Hat official
Copy the RPMs from the .zip distribution into a directory
called pkgroot and unpack them using the following
mkdir pkgroot cp *.rpm pkgroot/ cd pkgroot for r in *.rpm; do rpm2cpio $r | cpio -idmv; done
Copy the extracted files to the appropriate places with the following
cp etc/httpd/conf.modules.d/10-paa.conf $APACHE/conf cp -av usr/lib64/*.so* $APACHE/modules cp usr/lib64/httpd/modules/*.so $APACHE/modules
Edit the 10-paa.conf file and make the following
Add the following lines before the
LoadFile modules/libunwind.so.8 LoadFile modules/libpgm-5.2.so.0 LoadFile modules/libsodium.so.23 LoadFile modules/libzmq.so.5
Change all occurrences of
- Add the following lines before the
- Copy your downloaded <hostname>_agent.properties to $APACHE/conf/agent.properties.
- Run the $APACHE/bin/apachectl restart command to restart Apache.