The PingAccess Agent SDK for Java provides an API and sample code to enable developers to build agents for Java-based applications and web servers. Agents provide access management features to their containing server by relying on central PingAccess servers over the PingAccess Agent Protocol.
- The client accesses a resource. If the user is already authenticated, this process continues with step 5.
- The agent asks PingAccess for instructions. PingAccess checks the URL policy and determines that it is a protected resource. PingAccess then redirects the client to PingFederate to establish a session.
- The user signs on, and PingFederate creates the session.
- The client is redirected back to the resource.
- The agent asks PingAccess for instructions. PingAccess checks the URL policy and determines that it is a protected resource. PingAccess then checks the session token and determines that it is valid.
- If session revocation is enabled, PingAccess checks and updates the central session revocation list. If the session is valid, the agent is instructed to set identity HTTP headers.
The PingAccess Agent SDK for Java consists of the following components:
- Java Agent API (Java Agent)
- pingaccess-agent-java-api-184.108.40.206.jar: The Java Agent API is a set of classes that implement the PingAccess Agent Protocol.
- PingAccess Agent SDK for Java
- pingaccess-agent-java-sdk-1.1.3.zip: The PingAccess Agent SDK for Java package.
- Servlet Filter Sample
: The Servlet Filter Sample demonstrates how the Java Agent API integrates
into a Java Servlet container. The provided source code, logging
configuration and deployment descriptor provide a functional example for how
to integrate the Java Agent API into an existing web application. The sample
can be modified in place and recompiled using Maven to test customizations
to the Servlet Filter Sample code for your environment.Note:
This sample code demonstrates how to implement a servlet filter and has been qualified on Apache Tomcat 7. The filter itself is production quality and can be used either as-is or as a starting point for further development. Application configuration within the sample demonstrates how to associate the filter with a servlet, namely in web.xml. Further hardening of this file or the application server configuration might be required.
If you need assistance using the PingAccess Agent SDK for Java, visit the Ping Identity Support Center to see how we can help you with your application. You can engage the Ping Identity Global Client Services team for assistance with developing customizations.
Downloading the SDK
To download the SDK, go to the PingAccess downloads site and click the Add-ons tab.