There are several different installation modes for PingAuthorize Server.
PingAuthorize Server provides the following tools to help install and configure the system:
- The setup tool performs the initial tasks needed to start PingAuthorize Server, including configuring Java virtual machine (JVM) runtime settings and assigning listener ports for the PingAuthorize Server's HTTP services.
- The create-initial-config tool configures connectivity between a System
for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) 2 user store and PingAuthorize Server. During the process, the
prepare-external-store tool prepares each PingDirectory
Server to serve as a user store by PingAuthorize Server.
Configuration can be written to a file to use for additional installations.Note:
Using create-initial-config is optional. However, if you do not use it, you do not get the user's profile (the requester's attributes). For more information, see Make a user's profile available in policies.
- After the initial setup is finished, you can use the dsconfig tool and the Administrative Console to perform additional configuration.
- Interactive command-line mode
- Prompts for information during the installation process. To run the installation in this mode, use the setup --cli command.
- Noninteractive command-line mode
- Designed for setup scripts to automate installations or for command-line usage. To run the installation in this mode, setup must be run with the --no-prompt option as well as the other arguments required to define the appropriate initial configuration
You can perform all installation and configuration steps while signed on to the system as the user or the role under which PingAuthorize Server will run.