PingAuthorize Servers are stateless. They do not require intra-cluster communication to scale. Instead, similarly configured independent server instances can be added behind the same network load balancer to achieve higher throughput while maintaining low latency.
To maintain identically configured PingAuthorize Server instances behind your load balancer, use DevOps principles of Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and Automation. For more information about using server profiles to scale upward by installing a new, identically configured instance of PingAuthorize Server, see Deployment automation and server profiles.
For customers without infrastructure and configuration automation, PingAuthorize
supports intra-cluster communication to maintain consistent configuration more
easily among PingAuthorize Server instances behind your network load balancer.
You enable intra-cluster communication by running setup using
peer setup options such as
The clustering model is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. For more information, contact Ping Professional Services.
- Changes to clustered configurations are not allowed in mixed-version
clusters. This applies to configuration in the
cn=Cluster,cn=configsubtree and only applies to servers with matching cluster names. Consider this when updating multiple servers in a cluster.
- To make clustered configuration changes in a mixed-version cluster, choose
one of the following options:
- Update each server to the same version.
- Temporarily split up the cluster by changing the
cluster-nameproperty on the server instance configuration objects.
- After you have updated all the servers to the same version, you can again make clustered configuration changes and those changes will mirror across the topology.