For Kong Gateway to use PingAuthorize as an external authorization policy runtime service, you must prepare PingAuthorize to receive authorization requests from Kong Gateway.
- In the PingAuthorize administrative console, go to .
- In the Request Context Method list, select State.
- In the Shared Secret Header Name field, modify the value to CLIENT-TOKEN.
- Next to the Selected table for Shared Secrets, click the + icon to create a new shared secret.
- In the modal dialog, create a suitably long shared secret value and click Save To PingAuthorize Server Cluster.
At the top of the Edit Sideband API HTTP Servlet Extension
page, click Save.