The following are the general steps needed to prevent a user from viewing a branch:
- Create a policy named Prevent a user from viewing a branch in the System Policy Set of the Admin Point Governance branch.
- Add a rule and name it Deny if branch is Admin Point Governance and user is Steve Smith.
- Add a condition that returns true when Branch.Name equals Admin Point Governance.
- Add a condition that returns true when user.name equals Steve Smith.
- Select Components and drag the Core.Branch service to the Applies to section of the rule.
- Drag the Read action to the Applies to section of the rule.
- Save the policy.
- Commit the changes to the Admin Point Governance branch in .
This self-governance policy returns a Deny response if a user named Steve Smith tries to view the Admin Point Governance branch.