You can use manage-profile setup to set up a new server instance and deployment environment in PingAuthorize Server.
- A server profile has already been created at the path ~/git/server-profiles/pingauthorize.
- Your development environment's variables file is saved at the path ~/pingauthorize-variables-dev.env.
After you create and customize a server profile, use the manage-profile setup subcommand to set up new server instances and additional deployment environments.
The setup subcommand completes the following tasks:
- Copies the server root files
- Runs the setup tool
- Runs the dsconfig batch files
- Installs the server SDK extensions
- Sets the server's cluster name to a unique valueNote:
Cluster-wide configuration is automatically mirrored across all servers in the topology with the same cluster name. In a DevOps deployment with immutable servers, configuration mirroring introduces risk. Therefore, in most cases, cluster names should be unique for each server to avoid configuration mirroring.
Extract the contents of the compressed archive to a directory of your choice.
$ mkdir /opt/pingauthorize $ cd /opt/pingauthorize $ unzip PingAuthorize-<version>.zip
$ cd PingAuthorize
$ bin/manage-profile setup \ --profile ~/git/server-profiles/pingauthorize \ --profileVariablesFile ~/pingauthorize-variables-dev.env