Page created: 3 May 2023 |
Page updated: 5 Sep 2023
You can promote the OAuth and OIDC applications assigned to you.
Prepare to provide the following:
- Redirect URIs, if required. These are the URIs your users will be directed
to after they receive authorization to access your application. Redirect
URIs are only required when promoting applications that use an authorization
code and implicit grant types.
Redirect URIs are not limited to the number of characters they can contain, but cannot include wildcards or some special characters.
- If a client secret is required to authenticate your application, you can create a custom secret, generate a secret, or leave the field empty and PingCentral will generate a client secret for you.
- To promote the application to an environment, click the expandable icon associated with the application, select the Promote tab, and click Promote.
From the Available Environments list, select the
environment to which you want to promote the application.
Note: If you have the Application Owner role, you cannot promote applications to protected environments, which have shield icons associated with them.
- If redirect URIs are required to promote the application, enter them in the Redirect URIs field.
If a client secret is required to authenticate your application, you can:
- Create a custom secret and enter it in the Client Secret text
box.Note: If your PingCentral administrator has chosen to enforce random secret generation, application owners will be unable to create their own secret, and PingCentral will generate a random client secret.
- Generate a client secret by clicking the Generate Secret button.
- Create a custom secret and enter it in the Client Secret text box.
PingCentral promotes your application to the designated environment in PingFederate. You will see the new promotion in the History section of the page.
To configure the SSO connection, provide the following information to your
- The client ID. Click View Client Details to access the Promotion Details window, which displays the client ID.
- The client secret and OIDC discovery endpoint are also available in this