Page created: 30 Mar 2020 |
Page updated: 17 Aug 2020
To upgrade PingCentral from version 1.2.0 to version 1.3.0 on either Windows or Linux, download the installation file, run the PingCentral upgrade utility, and plan for a short period of downtime.
- You are logged on to your system and have privileges that allow you to install applications.
- All system requirements are met, and the Oracle Java 11 LTS runtime environment is installed.
- The JAVA_HOME path points to the JDK software on your system. For example, /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-184.108.40.206-0.e17_7.x86_64. To verify this information, run the echo $JAVA_HOME command.
- The Java /bin directory path is added to the PATH variable. To verify this information, run the echo $PATH command.
- Make a copy of the PingCentral version 1.2.0 product directory so that version 1.2.0 can be restored if the upgrade process fails.
- If PingCentral is running, shut it down to maintain the integrity of the H2 database file during the upgrade.
- Download the ping-central-1.3.0.zip file and extract its contents to a suitable location.
Go to the
directory and run the appropriate file:
The upgrade process begins. The upgrade utility uses the extracted contents of the ping-central-1.3.0.zip file to copy and replace the appropriate information in the existing version 1.2.0 location.Note: When the upgrade is complete for this release, PingCentral version 1.3.0 will run from the ping-central-1.2.0 directory.
- For Windows, run bin\upgrade.bat "--existing=PINGCENTRAL_HOME"
- For Linux, run bin/upgrade.sh --existing=PINGCENTRAL_HOME
To update the license file (conf/pingcentral.lic), add
--license=<file> at the end of the upgrade command
and specify the path to the new license.
As the upgrade continues, a message displays that reminds you to shut down PingCentral if you have not already done so.
Type yes to continue.
A message displays that reminds you to back up your PingCentral program files.
Type yes to continue.
The upgrade continues and the system displays a message when the upgrade is complete.
Start PingCentral version 1.3.0.
- For Windows, run /<PINGCENTRAL_HOME>/bin/run.bat.
- For Linux, run/<PINGCENTRAL_HOME/bin/run.sh, or by running the systemd service command, systemctl pingcentral-# start.
- Sign on to PingCentral using the credentials you used to sign on to version 1.2.0. There is no need to reconfigure Ping Central to run as a Windows, Linuxv, or Linuxd service after the upgrade.