The first step is to select a template appropriate for your application. IAM Administrators can create OAuth, OIDC, and SAML SP templates and make them available for you to use to apply security configurations to your application.
- Click Add Application.
Review the template descriptions to determine which template you should
On this page, you can:
- Use the filtering options on the right side of the screen to filter OAuth, OIDC, and SAML SP templates.
- Click the Review Configuration link within the template description to view the details associated with the template.
If you are unclear about what type of template to select, keep the following in mind:
- OAuth and OIDC are most commonly used by consumer applications and services so users do not need to sign up for a new user name and password. "Sign in with Google," or "Log in with Facebook" are examples of OAuth protocols you are likely familiar with. You might also use OAuth if your application will be consumed on a mobile device.
- SAML is most commonly used by businesses to allow their users to access services they pay for. Salesforce and Gmail are examples of service providers an employee could gain access to after completing a SAML login. SAML templates can also be used for web applications created and used within your organization.
- Select the template you want to use and click Next.
- Use the template to apply security configurations to the application. Refer to the appropriate topic for instructions: