Page created: 11 Nov 2020 |
Page updated: 22 Feb 2021
You can promote the OAuth and OIDC applications assigned to you.
Prepare to provide the following:
- Redirect URIs, if required. These are the URIs your users will be directed to after they
receive authorization to access your application. Redirect URIs are only
required when promoting applications that use an authorization code and implicit
Redirect URIs are not limited to the number of characters they can contain, but cannot include wildcards or some special characters.
- If a client secret is required to authenticate your application, you can create a custom secret, generate a secret, or leave the field empty and PingCentral will generate a client secret for you.
- To promote the application to an environment, click the expandable icon associated with the application, select the Promote tab, and click Promote.
From the Available Environments list, select the
environment to which you want to promote the application.
Note: If you have the Application Owner role, you cannot promote applications to protected environments, which have shield icons associated with them.
- If redirect URIs are required to promote the application, enter them in the Redirect URIs field.
If a client secret is required to authenticate your application, you can:
- Create a custom secret and enter it in the Client Secret text box.
- Generate a client secret by clicking the Generate Secret button.
- Leave the Client Secret text box empty and
PingCentral will automatically generate a client secret for you.
PingCentral promotes your application to the designated environment in PingFederate. You will see the new promotion in the History section of the page.
To configure the SSO connection, provide the following information to your
- The client ID. Click View Client Details to access the Promotion Details window, which displays the client ID.
- The client secret and OIDC discovery endpoint available in this window.