Update applications at any time.
To keep your applications secure, rotate certificates and client secrets on a regular basis and apply updated security configurations to applications built from templates if new configuration templates become available. There is no need to recreate your applications in PingCentral to apply new templates. Replace the templates associated with your applications and promote them again.
Click the Expand icon associated with the application
you want to update and then click the Pencil icon.
All of the editable information displays on one page.
- To update the name, description, and owners, change the information in the Name, Description, and Owners fields. Click Save.
To change the template used to create the application, click Change
Template and select a new template from the Select
Template page. Click Save and Close.
You cannot apply a SAML template to an OAuth or OIDC application, nor apply an OAuth or OIDC template to a SAML application.
To update application information:
Application type Update instructions OAuth or OIDC
- In the Client section, change the scopes
associated with OAuth or OIDC applications. Select or clear the
appropriate check boxes and click
You cannot edit scopes for applications created in 1.2.0. However, you can update the template associated with an application to a template created in a later version, which will allow you to update scope information.
- In the Promote section, change the information in the Redirect URI fields for the appropriate environments and click Save.
- To change client secrets, return to the Applications page, promote the application again and generate a new secret.
- In the Attribute Mappings section, add or remove attributes or update attribute values and click Save.
- In the Promotions section, upload a new
.xml file that contains service
provider metadata, such as the Entity ID, ACS URL, certificates,
and attribute information, from another SAML application. Click
Choose File or Or Use
URL to provide the metadata file.Note:
If metadata is used, the attribute mapping section might also need to be updated to include new attributes from the metadata file.
- Change the information in the Entity ID or ACS URL fields and click Save.
- Change the certificate. Click SP Certificate to upload a new certificate, or click Remove to remove it. Click Save.
- On the Properties tab, in the Promote section, update Virtual Hosts, Access Validation, Identity Mapping, and Site or Agent names, as appropriate. Click Save.
- On the Resources tab, update resource information and click Save.
- On the Policy tab, click the Pencil icon associated with the policy you want to update. Make changes and click Save.
- In the Client section, change the scopes associated with OAuth or OIDC applications. Select or clear the appropriate check boxes and click Save.