Page created: 17 Jun 2021 |
Page updated: 8 Oct 2021
After selecting a SAML template, use that template to apply user authentication and authorization support to an application.
Prepare to provide the following:
- Name of the application
- A brief, accurate description of your application
- Attribute mapping information, used to map your application attributes to the identity attributes required from the identity provider to verify users' identities
On the the Select Metadata window, you can:
If you choose to provide a metadata file, the information in the file will display, as shown in this example.
- Provide a metadata file. Click Choose file to provide the file.
- Provide a URL to the metadata file. Click Or Use URL to provide the URL.
- Skip this step and provide the Entity ID, ACS URL, certificate, and attributes, or all of this information, during the promotion process.
- Click Next.
- On the Map Attributes page, map the application attributes to the identity attributes required to fulfill the authentication policy contract in PingFederate. Select identity attributes from the Identity Attribute list or click to add static values in the Static Value field. Click Next.
On the Describe Application page, enter the name of the
application and a description in the appropriate fields.
You are adding this application to PingCentral, so your name will automatically populate the Owners field.
- Optional: To add owners, or groups of owners, click the Owners field and select additional owners from the list. If the name you are looking for does not display in the list, contact your PingCentral administrator and request that the person be provisioned. Click Next.
Click Save and Close.
The application displays at the top of the list of applications on the Applications page.