Page created: 24 Jul 2019 |
Page updated: 6 Nov 2019
The Directory Proxy Server uses the following evaluation ordering to determine options for a given command-line utility:
- All options used with a utility on the command line takes precedence over any options in any properties file.
- If the --propertiesFilePath option is used with no other options, the Directory Proxy Server takes its options from the specified properties file.
- If no options are used on the command line including the --propertiesFilePath option (and --noPropertiesFile), the Directory Proxy Server searches for the tools.properties file at <server-root>
- If no default properties file is found and a required option is missing, the tool generates an error.
- Tool-specific properties (for example,
ldapsearch.port=3389) have precedence over general properties (for example,