Page created: 24 Jul 2019 |
Page updated: 6 Nov 2019
Multiple Periodic Stats Loggers can be created to log different statistics, view historical information about gauges, or to create a log at different intervals (such as logging cumulative operations statistics every hour). To create a new log, use the existing Stats Logger as a template to get reasonable settings, including rotation and retention policy.
- Run dsconfig by repeating steps 1–3 in To Enable the Stats Logger.
- From the Plugin management menu, enter the number to create a new plugin.
- From the Create a New Periodic Stats Logger Plugin menu, enter t to use an existing plugin as a template.
- Enter the number corresponding to the existing stats logger as a template.
- Next, enter a descriptive name for the new stats logger. For this example, type Stats Logger-10s.
- Enter the log file path to the file. For this example, type logs/dsstats2.csv.
On the menu, make any other
change to the logger. For this example, change the
log-intervalto 10s, and the
suppress-if-idleto false. When finished, enter f to save and apply the configuration.
- You should now see two loggers dsstats.csv and dsstats2.csv in the logs directory.