Page created: 4 Feb 2020 |
Page updated: 22 Jul 2020
The following are some points when implementing Assured Replication:
- Client Controls. The client may optionally include an assured replication request control with each operation. This control allows the client to specify bounds on assurance levels and/or override the timeout assigned by the matching replication assurance policy for the associated operation. The server always honors these request controls. See About the Assured Replication Controls for more information.
- Directory Proxy Server. Replication assurance policies are not supported on the PingDirectoryProxy Server. Replication client controls are passed through to the underlying Directory Server backend.
- Schema backend Replication. The schema backend is not supported by Assured Replication. Replication assurance policies that include criteria to match this backend will be rejected.
- Backward Compatibility. Server versions that support assured replication are backwards-compatible with prior versions that do not support assured replication.
- WAN-Friendly Replication. Assured replication functions independently from WAN-Friendly Replication and the notion of WAN Gateways.
Global Configuration Properties. The Directory Server
provides two configurable global configuration properties that determine the timing of the
assurance source and maximum number of replication backup updates to be recognized as an
- replication-assurance-source-timeout-suspend-duration. Specifies the amount of time a replication assurance source will be suspended from assurance requirements if it experiences an assurance timeout. While suspended, the source will be excluded from assurance requirements for all operations originating on this Directory Server. This avoids the situation of repeated timeouts caused by degraded or offline servers. Default is 10 seconds.
- replication-assurance-source-backlog-fast-start-threshold. Specifies the maximum number of replication backlog updates a replication assurance source can have and be immediately recognized as an available source. If a source connects to this server with more than the configured threshold backlog updates, it will be excluded from assurance requirements for all operations originating from this Directory Server until it completes at least one assurance successfully (i.e. this Directory Server receives an update acknowledgement message from it within the timeout window). Default is 1000.