If you are installing Delegated Admin on PingDirectoryProxy Server, you must configure the Proxy instance using the delegated-admin.dsconfig script as described in All locations except replicated PingDirectory Server instances.
In addition, you must perform the following steps to configure all instances of PingDirectory Server.
Modify delegated-admin.dsconfig by commenting out the
This modified file is run on PingDirectoryProxy Server.
*"Create an email account status notification handler for user creation."
- Copy the batch file delegated-admin.dsconfig and name it something similar to copy-of-delegated-admin.dsconfig and open the copy in a text editor.
Remove the following elements and sections from the file:
- Web-application-extension Delegator
- Access-token-validator PingFederateValidator
- Definition rest-resource-type
- Definition delegated-admin-rights
Leave the following configuration elements in the copy exactly as they are
configured on PingDirectoryProxy Server. These should be the
only elements remaining in the copy:
- Create an email account status notification handler for user creation (create-request-criteria and create-account-status-notification-handler).
- Virtual-attribute Delegated Admin Privilege (set-virtual-attribute-prop)
- Global ACI Authenticated access to the multi-update extended request for the Delegated Admin API (set-access-control-handler-prop)
- Global ACI Authenticated access to the no-op request control for the Delegated Admin API (set-access-control-handler-prop)
- Save your changes to the copy.
- For each PingDirectory Server instance, copy the PingDirectoryProxy/webapps/delegator/delegated-admin-account-created.template template to the PingDirectory/config/account-status-notification-email-templates/ directory.
Apply the commands from the copy of the batch file to all instances of PingDirectory Server as follows (for this example the
copy is assumed to be named
$ ./bin/dsconfig \ --bindDN "cn=Directory Manager" \ --no-prompt \ --batch-file webapps/delegator/copy-of-delegated-admin.dsconfig \ --applyChangeTo server-group