Page created: 1 Apr 2020 |
Page updated: 7 Jul 2021
When the Delegated admin rights for a User REST resource type have admin scope resources-in-specific-groups (and only in this case) a user is added to one of the configured groups when the user is created.
- For admins having rights to only one group, the new user is automatically added to that group. No field for Select Group will display.
- For admins having rights to more than one group, the admin selects a group to add the user to in the Select Group list.
- Admins can select from both Static and Dynamic groups.
- For Dynamic groups, in addition to selecting the group, the new entry must also match criteria for membership of that group. For example, a Dynamic group has members with uid=user.111*. The uid starts with user.111.
In order for the Admin to create a new user in that group they need to:
- Select the group name from the list.
- Enter the value for uid that starts with user.111.