- Server connection information, such as IP address, port, and security layer
- Authentication information
- Methods for authenticating and authorizing clients
- Server-specific health checks
- Types of operations allowed. For example, some LDAP external servers may allow only reads and others allow reads and writes, so the Directory Proxy Server can recognize this and accommodate it.
The PingDirectoryProxy Server allows you to configure different types of LDAP external servers. The default configuration for each type is tuned to be the best possible configuration for each.
For information about configuring LDAP external servers, see Configuring LDAP External Servers.