The Directory Proxy Server provides SMIv2-compliant MIB definitions (RFC 2578, 2579, 2580) for distinct monitoring statistics. These MIB definitions are to be found in text files under resource/mib directory under the server root directory.
- LDAP Remote Server MIB. Provides information related to the health and status of the LDAP servers that the Directory Proxy Server connects to, and statistics about the operations invoked by the Directory Proxy Server on those LDAP servers.
- LDAP Statistics MIB. Provides a collection of connection-oriented performance data that is based on a connection handler in the Directory Proxy Server. A server typically contain only one connection handler and therefore supplies only one table entry.
- Local DB Backend MIB. Provides key metrics related to the state of the local database backends contained in the server.
- Processing Time MIB. Provides a collection of key performance data related to the processing time of operations broken down by several criteria but reported as a single aggregated data set.
- Replication MIB. Provides key metrics related to the current state of replication, which can help diagnose how much outstanding work replication may have to do.
- System Status MIB. Provides a set of critical metrics for determining the status and health of the system in relation to its work load.
For information on the available monitoring statistics for each MIB available on the Directory Server and the Directory Proxy Server, see the text files provided in the resource/mib directory below the server installation.
The Directory Proxy Server generates an extensive set of SNMP traps for event monitoring. The traps display the severity, description, name, OID, and summary. For information about the available alert types for event monitoring, see the resource/mib/UNBOUNDID-ALERT-MIB.txt file.