Page created: 22 Jul 2020 |
Page updated: 1 Feb 2021
First, we add a new central location, to which our new PingDirectory Servers will be added.
The following steps show how to add the new servers to a new location using dsconfig interactive.
Run dsconfig and enter the LDAP connection parameters when
- On the main menu, enter the number corresponding to Location.
- On the Location menu, enter the number corresponding to creating a new location.
- Enter the option to create a new location from scratch.
preferred-failover-locationproperty of the new location so that this location fails over first to the east location and then to the west location, should all of the servers in the central location become unavailable.
- Add the east and west locations as values of the property, specifying them in the order that they will be used for failover.
- Confirm that these are the correct values and finish configuring the location.