PingDataSync Server is an efficient, Java-based server that provides high throughput, low latency, and bidirectional real-time synchronization between two endpoint topologies consisting of PingDirectory Servers, PingDirectoryProxy Servers, PingOne, and/or Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) systems. PingDataSync Server uses a dataless approach that synchronizes changes directly from the data sources in the background so that applications can continue to update their data sources directly. PingDataSync Server does not store any data from the endpoints themselves, thereby reducing hardware and administration costs. The server's high-availability mechanisms also makes it easy to fail over from the main PingDataSync Server to redundant instances.
Designed to run with little administrative maintenance, PingDataSync Server includes the following features:
- High performance and availability with built-in redundancy.
- Dataless virtual architecture for a small-memory footprint and easy maintenance.
- Hassle-free setup that enables mapping attribute names, values, and DNs between endpoints. For directory server endpoints, this enables making schema and Directory Information Tree (DIT) changes without custom coding and scripting.
- Multi-vendor directory server support including the PingDirectory Server, PingDirectoryProxy Server, Nokia 8661 Directory Server, Nokia 8661 Directory Proxy Server, Oracle/Sun Directory Server Enterprise Edition, Oracle/Sun Directory Server, Oracle Unified Directory, OpenDJ, and Microsoft Active Directory, and generic LDAP directories.
- RDBMS support including Oracle Database, and Microsoft SQL Server systems.
- Proxy Server support including the PingDirectoryProxy Server and the Nokia 8661 Directory Proxy Server.
- Notification support that allows real-time change notifications to be pushed to client applications or services as they occur.