Page created: 26 Jul 2021 |
Page updated: 14 Jan 2022
The Directory Server allows you to configure the log rotation policy for the server.
When any rotation limit is reached, the Directory Server rotates the current log and starts a new log.
If you create a new log publisher, you must configure at least one log rotation policy.
You can select the following properties:
- Time Limit Rotation Policy
- Rotates the log based on the length of time since the last rotation. Default implementations are provided for rotation every 24 hours and every 7 days.
- Fixed Time Rotation Policy
- Rotates the logs every day at a specified time (based on 24-hour time). The default time is 2359.
- Size Limit Rotation Policy
- Rotates the logs when the file reaches the maximum size for each log. The default size limit is 100 MB.
- Never Rotate Policy
- Used in a rare event that does not require log rotation.
Use dsconfig to modify the log rotation policy for the access
$ bin/dsconfig set-log-publisher-prop \ --publisher-name "File-Based Access Logger" \ --remove "rotation-policy:24 Hours Time Limit Rotation Policy" \ --add "rotation-policy:7 Days Time Limit Rotation Policy"