Page created: 26 Jul 2021 |
Page updated: 14 Jan 2022
This section covers how to use the PingDirectory Server to monitor replication.
The PingDirectory Server monitors replication in the following ways:
- Use the dsreplication tool with the
statussubcommand to display basic information about the replicated base distinguish names (DNs), the number of entries replicated, as well as the approximate size of replication backlogs at each Directory Server.
- Obtain more detailed information about the state of replication through the information exposed in its monitoring framework under cn=monitor.
- Use Periodic Stats Logger plugin, which allows collecting replication statistics for profiling server performance. For more information, see Profiling Server Performance Using the Periodic Stats Logger.
Administrators can monitor their replication topologies using several tools and protocols:
- The PingDataMetrics Server
- The Administrative Console. For more information, see Managing Logging and Managing Monitoring.