Page created: 26 Jul 2021 |
Page updated: 7 Dec 2022
The Administrative Console provides a user-friendly graphical editor with tabs to manage any existing schema components related to the directory information tree (DIT).
The list of existing schema components that can be managed includes:
- Object classes
- Matching rules
- Attribute syntaxes
- Schema utilities
The following list describes the tabs of the Schema Editor page:
- The Object Classes and Attribute Types tabs enable viewing existing definitions as well as adding, modifying, or removing custom schema elements.
- The Matching Rules and Attribute Syntaxes tabs are read-only and provide a comprehensive listing of all of the elements necessary to define new schema elements.
- The Schema Utilities tab provides a schema validator that allows you to load a schema file or perform a cut-and-paste operation on the schema definition to verify that it meets the proper schema and ASN.1 formatting rules.
- The Utilities tab supports schema file imports by first checking for proper syntax compliance and generating any error message if the definitions do not meet specification.
The Schema Editor provides two views for each definition:
- The Properties View that breaks down the schema definition by its properties and shows any inheritance relationships among the attributes.
- The LDIF View that shows the equivalent schema definition in ASN.1 format, which includes the proper text spacing required for each schema element.