Page created: 26 Jul 2021 |
Page updated: 14 Jan 2022
All servers configured to be monitored by the PingDataMetrics Server store server and host system data.
Server and machine metrics are retrieved from the
backend of the monitored server.
The Stats Collector plugin is responsible for collecting performance data from the
backend. Data includes server responses, replication activity, local database activity,
and host system metrics.
The Stats Collector configuration defines:
- Data sample and collection intervals
- The granularity of data collected, such as basic, extended, or verbose
- The types of host system data collected, such as CPU, disk, and network
- The type of data aggregation that occurs for LDAP application statistics
For more information, see Tuning Data Collection.
- Data samples are taken and stored in time-contiguous blocks on the disk of the monitored server.
- The PingDataMetrics Server collection service polls for new sample blocks.
- The new sample blocks are queued to disk on the PingDataMetrics Server.
- The PingDataMetrics Server import service loads new blocks into the database.