Page created: 26 Jul 2021 |
Page updated: 14 Jan 2022
This deployment scenario involves the following procedure:
- Install the first Directory Server in the east location using the setup or setup.bat file included in the .zip installation file.
- Use the create-initial-proxy-config tool to provide a proxy user bind DN and password, define locations for each of our data centers, and configure the LDAP external servers in these data centers.
- Test that external server communications after initial setup is complete and test a simulated external server failure.
- Install the second proxy server in the east location using the setup or setup.bat file included in the zip installation file and copy the configuration of the first Directory Proxy Server using the configuration cloning feature.
- Install two Directory Proxy Server instances in the west location, which includes using the setup file and manually setting the location to west using the dsconfig command and then copying the configuration of the Directory Proxy Server using the configuration cloning feature.
After you have configured and tested the proxy server, tour the configuration of each of the proxy server components. You can modify these properties later as needed using the dsconfig tool.