Page created: 26 Jul 2021 |
Page updated: 14 Jan 2022
PingDirectory Server can impose limits on client connections to restrict the amount of data they can retrieve or limit their ability to request expensive operations.
- The maximum number of entries they can retrieve in any search operation
- The maximum number of entries the server considers when processing any search operation
- The maximum length of time the server is allowed to spend while processing a search operation
- The maximum length of time that a client connection can remain idle between requests
- The maximum number of entries that can be joined with any single search result entry when performing a search using the LDAP join request control
Default values for each of these limits can be defined in the global configuration, but they can be overridden on a per-user basis with operational attributes in the user’s entry. Hard upper bounds for these limits for these properties may also be imposed by client connection policies, and the client can set upper bounds for the size limit and time limit when submitting a search request.