The Directory Server supports the ability to forward a sequence of requests to the same external server if specific conditions are met, called server affinity.
Use the server affinity provider to establish an affinity to a particular backend server for certain operations.
The following provider configurations and server affinity methods are available in the Directory Proxy Server:
- Client connection Server Affinity
- Requests from the same client connection consistently route to the same backend server.
- Client IP address Server Affinity
- All requests coming from the same client system consistently route to the same backend server.
- Bind DN Server Affinity
- All requests from the same user consistently route to the same backend server.
For information about configuring server affinity, see Configuring Server Affinity.