Page created: 15 Jul 2022 |
Page updated: 20 Jan 2023
Configure a client connection policy using the dsconfig tool.
Configure a client connection policy using the dsconfig tool in interactive mode from the command line. You can access the Client Connection Policy menu on the Standard objects menu.
Use the dsconfig tool to create and configure a client
Specify the host name, connection method, port number, and bind distinguished names (DNs) described in previous procedures.
- To change to the Standard objects menu, from the PingDirectory server main menu, enter o, and then enter the number for the Standard menu.
- From the PingDirectory server main menu, enter the number associated with Client Connection Policy.
- From the Client Connection Policy management menu, enter the number corresponding to Create a new connection policy.
- To create a new client connection policy from scratch, enter n.
- Enter a name for the new client connection policy.
- To enable the connection policy, from the Enabled Property menu, select True.
To set the evaluation order for the policy, from the Evaluation-Order
Property menu, enter a value between 0 and 2147483647.
A client connection policy with a lower evaluation-order is evaluated before one with a higher number. For this example, enter 9999.
From the Client Connection Policy menu, review the
- If you want to make any further modifications, enter the number corresponding to the property.
- To finish the creation of the client connection policy, enter f.
Any changes that you make to the client connection policy do not apply to existing connections. They only apply to new connections.