Page created: 15 Jul 2022 |
Page updated: 20 Jan 2023
All servers configured to be monitored by the PingDataMetrics server store server and host system data.
Server and machine metrics are retrieved from the
cn=monitor backend of the
The Stats Collector plugin is responsible for collecting performance data from the
cn=monitor backend. Data includes server responses, replication
activity, local database activity, and host system metrics.
The Stats Collector configuration defines:
- Data sample and collection intervals
- The granularity of data collected, such as basic, extended, or verbose
- The types of host system data collected, such as CPU, disk, and network
- The type of data aggregation that occurs for LDAP application statistics
For more information, see Tuning data collection.
- Data samples are taken and stored in time-contiguous blocks on the disk of the monitored server.
- The PingDataMetrics server collection service polls for new sample blocks.
- The new sample blocks are queued to disk on the PingDataMetrics server.
- The PingDataMetrics server import service loads new blocks into the database.