Some organizations configure their network so that internal systems cannot directly access the Internet, but instead must use an HTTP proxy server to access external services.
The PingDirectoryProxy server now supports using an HTTP proxy server in conjunction with the following components:
- The Amazon Key Management Service cipher stream provider
- The Amazon Secrets Manager cipher stream provider
- The Amazon Secrets Manager passphrase provider
- The Amazon Secrets Manager password storage scheme
- The Azure Key Vault cipher stream provider
- The Azure Key Vault passphrase provider
- The Azure Key Vault password storage scheme
- The PingOne pass-through authentication plugin
- The Pwned Passwords password validator
- The Twilio alert handler
- The Twilio OTP delivery mechanism
- The UNBOUNDID-YUBIKEY-OTP SASL mechanism handler
Setting up the server to use an HTTP proxy server involves two steps, which are described in the following sections.
- Creating an HTTP proxy external server in the configuration.
- Configuring the appropriate component(s) to use the HTTP proxy server.