Page created: 15 Jul 2022 |
Page updated: 20 Jan 2023
Replication in the PingDirectoryProxy server synchronizes directory data between all servers in the topology.
However, In a deployment using the entry-balancing feature, directory data under the entry-balancing point is split into multiple data sets. Each data set is replicated to ensure high availability between a subset of the servers in the topology.
Other directory data, such as the schema or data above the entry-balancing point, is replicated between all servers in the topology.
This section about replication in an entry-balancing environment contains the following:
- Overview of replication in an entry-balancing environment
- Replication prerequisites in an entry-balancing deployment
- About the --restricted argument of the dsreplication command-line Tool
- Checking the status of replication in an entry-balancing deployment
- Example of configuring entry-balancing replication