Page created: 15 Jul 2022 |
Page updated: 20 Jan 2023
PingDirectory server provides support for a password update behavior request control that allows an
authorized user with the
password-reset privilege and access control
permission to use the control to override the server’s default behavior when updating the
It can be included in an add request, modify request, or password modify extended request.
The options that it provides include:
- Force the server to treat the operation as a self change or an administrative reset.
- Force the server to accept a pre-encoded password.
- Force the server to skip validation for the password.
- Force the server to ignore the user’s password history.
- Force the server to ignore the user’s minimum password age.
- Force the server to use a specified password storage scheme.
- Force the server to set or clear the “must change password” flag.