Page created: 15 Jul 2022 |
Page updated: 20 Jan 2023
resync tool performs a bulk comparison of entries on source topologies
and destination topologies. PingDataSync streams
entries from the source, and either updates the corresponding destination entries or
reports those that are different. The
resync utility resides in the
/bin folder (UNIX or LINUX) or
\bat folder (Windows),
and can be used for the following tasks:
- Verify that the two endpoints are synchronized after an initial configuration.
- Initially populate a newly configured target endpoint.
- Validate that the server is behaving as expected. The
resynctool has a
--dry-runoption that validates that synchronization is operating properly, without updating any entries. This option also can be used to check attribute or DN mappings.
- Perform scheduled synchronization.
- Recover from a failover by resynchronizing entries that were modified since the last backup was taken.
resync tool also enables control over what can be synchronized, such
- Include or exclude any source and destination attributes.
- Apply an LDAP filter to only sync entries created since that last time the tool ran.
- Synchronize only creations or only modifications.
- Change the logging verbosity.
- Set a limit on
resyncoperations (such as 2000 operations per second) to reduce impact on endpoint servers.