The schema editor provides a Schema Utilities tab where you can import new schema elements from a file and check schema compliance.
If you are importing a schema file, the system automatically checks for compliance before the import. If the definition doesn't meet schema compliance, the system displays an error message. However, you should check if your file is compliant with your schema before importing it.
To check schema compliance using the schema editor:
- Start the administrative console.
- In the top-level navigation menu, click LDAP Schema.
- In the schema editor, click the Schema Utilities tab.
Add your schema definition using one of two methods:
- To have the system check an LDIF file, click Import Schema Elements and select a file to upload.
- Copy and paste a new schema definition into the field.
Click Validate Entries.
If there is a problem with your definition, you see an error message.